Thursday, 23 January 2014

Collective Beauty Haul!


My skin has been playing up recently and my acne has come back in full force. I have been prescribed some treatment by the doctor in the past and even though it worked after a few weeks, it's leaves my skin looking like I have had a chemical peel and is very harsh on the skin. Before jumping straight back into it I wanted to see if I could find any other products that would work instead. I also picked up some make-up to help me cover it until it clears up and a few other non essential make-up bits!

Here are the skincare bits...

KIKO eyes rescue £11.50, Ren Clearcalm 3 Clarifying clay cleanser £18.00, Soap & Glory Dr Spot currently on offer at £5.33, RRP £8.00.

The first thing I picked up was the Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser. I have heard a lot about Ren lately and the fact that they are known as a 'clean' skincare brand stood out to me. This cleanser was reviewed on Caroline Hiron's blog (she is a skincare goddess) and got a 5/5 so I thought it would be a great starting point. I have been using it a few weeks now so expect a review to come soon!

I also repurchased the Effaclar duo from Amazon, however it is un-pictured because it still hasn't arrived yet, despite me ordering it on the 10th! I am very annoyed about this as I need it like, right now! So yesterday, I caved and went to boots. They didn't have the Effaclar duo in stock but I picked up the Dr Spot from Soap and Glory after hearing great things about it and have been applying it religious since, I will let you know how it works!

This month my eye cream ran out and I was so pleased to get this KIKO one. I had seen the eyes rescue talked about by Ruth from A Model Recommends and had it in the back of my mind to try next time round, so far, so good!

Now for the make-up…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Make-up £28.50, KIKO eyeshadow palette currently on offer at £8.40 RRP £16.90, Topshop Cheek Duo £12.50, KIKO eyebrow marker £5.90.

To cover my skin until it clears up, I picked up the Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover make-up. I use it as a concealer before my foundation and it does a bloody good job! I have used it before and loved it so I knew it was a good investment.

With KIKO, you have to spend a minimum of £25 on their website and as I wanted the eyes rescue cream, I had to purchase a few other things to make up the amount. This palette was reviewed on a few other blogs and it looked so gorgeous! At half price, I couldn't resist!

The Topshop cheek duo I have already reviewed here.

The eyebrow marker was the last thing I got to make up my £25 and as my current Avon eyebrow pencil was coming to an end, I thought it worked out quite well. I haven't tried this out yet but I'm excited as I have never used one of these marker type things on my brows before!

So that is everything I got recently. I am sure I will be doing a review on most of it, if not all of it soon! If there is anything specific you want a review of let me know :)


What have you been buying recently? What are your skin saviours?

Kerry
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram 

4 comments: